Saturday, May 3, 2008

Forever Home!


Sil was adopted today by the Peters family! The Peters have one greyhound, a beautiful fawn boy named Canoe. We were able to see Sil in her new home, and we think she is going to be a wonderful addition to the family. We could not be happier for the Peters and Sil. As I was going through Sil's things I found a note with instructions to post this poem on the day of her adoption.


A trip that started with uncertainty has ended in my forever home. I have found the love of a family and never again will I be alone. So many helped me along the way to see me to this joyous day. And though I may not know all their names my life will never be the same. As I fall asleep in my new bed, thoughts of you all will run in my head. Angels of mercy helped me to live and in return this love I always will give. I have won the most important race; the finish line is the love in your face.


Sil


God's speed, Sil. We love you and will miss you.

Van, Susan, Kane, Dewey

0 comments: